Monday, January 27, 2014

Wild Wild West Meets the Runway





 Deadwood has truly inspired the runways with the "frontier" mans aesthetic. Especially with the use of neutrals as the color palette and certain fabrications. John Varvatos is one designer who I believe captures this look from head to toe. His use of black, navy, tan, and the occasional pop of color makes his collection a definite contender for achieving the look of the Wild Wild West. I'm absolutely obsessed with his use of tweeds, herringbone, wools, chunky knits, worn ombre' leather and layering each look perfectly. Two thumbs up from me!!!

Jaffar Murrill   

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this loos for men. I find it to be both sexy and masculine. However, I'm not sure the look, in its full glory, will really catch on for the modern American man. I feel one elements might be seen, but the whole idea of the look will be lost in translation. This saddens me because the edge this look provides is truly amazing. It is such an interesting take on menswear that they could do so much with. I just do not see the average mal picking up on it. - Kristina Vitelli

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this trend will be one to go into the classics. This look is very sleek and eye catching. A classy black attire with a western flair. More often, I think the Western elements—a cowboy's belt buckle,cowboy boots or hat worn with tailored pants, (shown above)can show how a regular guy can add some vital idiosyncrasy to his wardrobe.
    Ebony Lee

    ReplyDelete