Friday, April 16, 2010

Miu Miu Fall/Winter '10

As I was tinkering around websites of Italian Designers for my project, I came across the Fall/Winter Collection for Women's Ready-to-Wear on Miu Miu's site. It is the first thing that you see, a video of the show! Probably, with out a doubt one of the neatest ideas for a runway. I am not fond of some pieces out of this collection, however the shoes are what caught my attention initially besides the runway design.

I was always told that model's should not walk to the beat of the music, incase of any technical difficulties and they happen to loose focus. However, these models seemed to be consistent with the beat, walked at a faster pace and with that combo allowed the shoes against the mirror like runway to pop, catching my attention. I watched the entire show twice. Once for the shoes and second for the actual collection.

Overall, the collection's aesthetics were interested and not too over done. Some of the textiles used mid-runway, right after the garments with a few pops of orange and purple did not appeal to me. Please check it out though. The layout of the runway is the coolest part. When watching it you won't be able to tell what is going on in the flow of models, but you will a quarter way through. Enjoy!!!! Give feed back, even if it differs from mine! Oh! While watching it, check out the model that messed up in the orange coat or dress, I am blanking on the silhouette but she totally did finish out her walk and almost ran into another model. snicker... =)

A_Kuhn

1 comment:

  1. So first off I have to say I also watched the show twice once for the shoes and once for the collection. I was very excited about watching this video because I've never seen Miu Miu's Apparel, I've only ever seen their shoes and handbags. I have to say I was very impressed with the collection. Miu Miu's shoes are very loud and detailed and don't get me wrong I love them, but I always felt like what could you ever wear them with. After seeing this collection now I understand it. The collection was simplistic and classic, yet each peace was embellished with some signature Miu Miu style. The shoes went perfectly with the clothing and while they were wild they did not out shine the clothing, instead they were a perfect compliment. I really enjoyed the show all in all, everything about the show was perfect the music, the make-up, the hair, the lighting, the runway itself, and of course the collection.

    Becca

    ReplyDelete